Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Day 365

Today is the last day of 2014.  I feel like it requires me to reflect a little on the past year.

Over the year we've learned that the architecture in Chicago is gorgeous, the food is plentiful and delicious, family is only a short jaunt away, and I love my cat.  Fans, I think that I may actually have begun to like this place.  I don't know if I can say that I love it quite yet, but I do love the people I've met and the experiences I've been able to have over the last 365 days living here.

Also, if it weren't for Chicago I would have not made the largest collection of paintings I've ever been able to create.  Some of them are good, some of them are downright awful, and some of them are really beautiful.  I still feel pretty vulnerable posting the awful ones, but I think it's a good exercise in honesty.  Now you know that good painting takes a lot of effort.

So here is my last little project.  It's not a painting, another gift from the husband in my stocking, and of course, it's my cat--kind of.


What I love: I think I might be able to one day say Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment